a2m Consulting is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This Privacy Statement sets out Our policy relating to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information and governs Your access to, and use of, the Site and Your use of the Services. By using the Services, You consent to Our collection, use and disclosure of Your personal information as provided by this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement also applies to all individuals whose personal information is collected by Us in the course of Our functions and activities, including service providers, contractors and prospective employees. We recommend that you read this Privacy Statement carefully.
In this Privacy Statement, unless the context otherwise requires:
• Group Company means Our related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) and other entities with one or more directors or shareholders common to Us and that entity;
• Privacy Statement means this document;
• Services means the development, design, construction and maintenance services and other services in accordance with the Constitution of Us or Our Group Companies;
• Site means the website at www.a2mconsulting.com.au;
• We, Us, Our means a2m Consulting Pty Ltd (ACN 621 540 789);and
• You, Your means You the individual, to whom this Privacy Statement relates. protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
We may collect information about You when You visit the Site or in connection with the Services. Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
• Your name, contact details, email address, company address, home address, phone number, mobile phone number, birthday, family information or other information reasonably relevant to the provision of the Services to You (including, but not limited to, Your preferences, interests, enquiries and history with Us);
• any other personal information You provide to Us in relation to the Services or in Your dealing with us; and
• We may also collect information about Your finance position or credit history when You apply for finance or credit arrangements.
We may utilise cookies on this site which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve You more efficiently if You revisit theSite. A cookie does not identify You personally but it does identify Your computer. You can set Your browser to notify You when You receive a cookie and this will provide You with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
How do We use personal information?
We may collect personal information about You when You visit the Site, You enquire of Us or Our Group Companies in relation to the Services or You engage or retain Us in the provision of the Services. We may also collect personal information about You that You provide to Us through business networking. In addition to using this personal information to provide the Services, this information may also be used:
• to send to You news, information and promotional and marketing material about the Services or events which We believe may be useful, or of interest, to You. This news, information and material may extend beyond the specific Services for which You retained or engaged Us or assisted Us initially;
• to monitor who is accessing the Site and to profile the type of people using the Site;
• to improve the Site or the Services;
• to perform administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and collecting debts) relating to the Services;
• to consider and respond to any concerns or complaints You may have; and
• as otherwise permitted by law. If You do not wish to have Your personal information collected and used in this manner, You may contact Us in the manner detailed below. However, You may not be able to access, or use, all or part of this Site or the Services as a consequence. Also, We may still use or disclose that information if:
• We subsequently notify You of the intended use or disclosure and You do not object to that use or disclosure;
• We believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
• We are required by law to disclose the information.
Where You provide personal information to Us as a service provider, contractor or prospective employee, We collect your personal information to enable Us to fulfil the purpose and related purposes for which You provided the information.
We may provide Your personal information to:
• Group Companies;
• parties to whom You authorise us to disclose Your personal information;
• Our suppliers, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants and all other persons assisting Us or Our Group Companies in the provision of the Services to You subject to them being required to protect Your personal information in substantially the same manner that We commit to Your privacy protection under this Privacy Statement;
• government and regulatory authorities;
• professional advisers for the purposes of Us or Our Group Companies obtaining professional advice; and
• other third parties as permitted by law. We currently do not disclose Your personal information to overseas recipients.
We may use a credit report on You to assess Your credit worthiness. We may give to a credit reporting agency any information We have about You to enable Us to obtain a credit report. Should You fail to make a payment obligation to Us or Our Group Companies, as, and when, due or should You commit a serious credit infringement, We may disclose details of such events to credit reporting bodies (CRBs). A CRB may use such information (and other personal information provided to them by Us) in reports given to other credit providers to help assess Your creditworthiness. You have certain rights to request that CRBs do not use credit reporting information about You if You believe on reasonable grounds that You have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud. You can obtain copies of each CRB’s privacy statement which deals with how they may use Your personal information at the following websites:
• Corporate Scorecard Pty Ltd: http://www.corporatescorecard.com.au
• Veda Advantage Ltd: https://www.veda.com.au.
We collect and hold personal information only where such information is reasonably in connection with the provision of the Services. We make all reasonable efforts to keep personal information which We collect and hold secure. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information We may hold is current, accurate and complete. You should be aware that, when using the Site or using the Services, no data transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. We do not warrant the security of any information You transmit to us and You do so at Your own risk.
You may make a request for access to or the correction of any personal information about You that We hold. In some circumstances, We may refuse to provide You with access to or the correction of Your personal information including, but not limited to, where:
• giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
• the information in question relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings and the information would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
• giving access would be unlawful;
• denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law; or
• the request for access is frivolous or vexatious.
If We refuse to provide You access to or the correction of Your personal information, We will provide You with an explanation in writing. In some circumstances where We correct a record, We may still require the retention of the original record.
If You have any queries relating to this Privacy Statement, You wish to access or correct or make an inquiry regarding any personal information relating to You which may be in Our possession or if You have a complaint in relation to a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact our Business Systems Manager
• Postal address: P O Box 16009, Collins Street West, VIC, 8007
• Telephone: 03 9999 7983
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any complaints should be made first in writing to Us. We will then respond to Your complaint in writing. If We are unable to resolveYour complaint to Your satisfaction, a complaint may also be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commission.
We reserve the right to change, modify or update this Privacy Statement at any time, without liability to You, by publication on the Site. You will be bound by the change immediately upon publication, unless otherwise set out in this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement was last updated on 29 October 2019. a2m Consulting Pty Ltd.